At Kelburn Normal School, a quality culture is crucial for our school to achieve its vision...
Where students learn creatively and strive for excellence preparing for lifelong learning Kia auaha te ako a ngā ākonga me te whai i te iti kahurangi mō te akoranga tūroa.
At Kelburn Normal School we have a clear set of values and competencies that reflect the New Zealand curriculum but that also look forward to our children’s future. We expect our school community to know, understand and display the highest levels of ethics for us to live within a culture that promotes quality teaching and learning, develops teamwork and unity, and grows a community with focussed, respectful, inclusive and engaged citizens.
Kelburn Normal School Competencies and Values
To enable our vision we have:
- Students who value themselves and act effectively
- Students who relate well to others and contribute to our society
- Students who are knowledgeable and know how to learn
To enable our learning our students show:
- Self-efficacy (Managing Self)
- Interaction (Relating to others / Participating and contributing)
- Multiple Literacies (Using language, symbols and texts / Thinking)
To enable our culture our students show:
- Aroha and respect - Responsibility and honesty
- Fairness - Manaakitanga
- Powerful learning
- Resourcefulness and positivity